Saturday 26 July 2008

Pick and Mix Counter.


What we believe.

We believe that God created the world and creates us all in his image, to live with integrity and with care for others.

We believe in the holy catholic church, of which the church of England is a constituent part and which has a duty to preach the word of god undiluted and unchanged. In line with this we are members of ‘forward in faith’, a part of the church of England which stands for the catholic doctrine delivered once to the saints and preached here today.

We believe in the sacrifice of Christ, who died for our sins, was resurrected body and soul and who sits with god the father and the holy spirit in glory.

We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the forgiveness of sins and we follow the great commandment to love our fellow people as ourselves.

I found myself redoing the Church noticeboard recently, updating names and so on. I thought it might be nice to have a statement of belief, as a sort of advert and so people do not think we worship the great god 'Bingo' alone. Being a fussy sort, and this made me smile, I could not find a statement I liked so I played at church and made up my own!