Wednesday 23 April 2008

S. George, Martyr & Patron of England

S. George doing what he did best!

This is a bit of a cheeky way to communicate to Andrew, whose birthday is today, many happy returns of the day! If he is at home on Saturday - the only day I have available this week - I shall pop by with his card and birthday present, and then swiftly take off to Heaton Park with the family to ride on the little train, eat ice cream and relax as the children run around the open parkland. Perhaps he will forgive me for not being in Prestwich today?

Tonight, I'm off to deacon a Solemn High Mass in honour of S. George at Fr. Anthony Howe's church, Christ Church, Staincliffe, near Batley in the West Riding of Yorkshire. Do take time to look at their excellent website. I'll have great fun trying to fit five parishioners into my Vauxhall Zafira without any of them getting cramp going across the Pennines. We've all been instructed to bring red roses in order that they may be blessed! I hope to have some photographs from this evening's Mass. This is one from last year, to give you an idea of what sort of a treat is in store for us:

S. George's Day 2007, Christ Church, Staincliffe

Fr. Lee Kenyon