Wednesday 16 January 2008

Orate Fratres et Sorores.


As we turn the pages of our missals and prayer books, turn your eyes to us and your ears to our cries. Give direction to our steps and grace to our words. Give love to our hearts and peace to our souls. Help us to be like you and to follow the way of life you taught. Let us find those who are subjugated and violated and set them free in your truth. Let us give without counting the cost and fight without heeding the wounds. May our voices blend with the choirs of Angels in Heaven as as look towards the Morningstar, may we behold the light of the world at the end of our days. Let us not be proud of denomination, but bend our wills to yours, that all people may be one.

Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?