Thursday 2 October 2008

Odds and Sods.

The Lady Chapel Altar.

The Altar still pulled forward waiting for the varnish to dry.

Saint John.

Thank you for your suggestions regarding our liturgical leafleting dilemma and it is nice to know that it is shared. I returned from Church a short while ago after applying the second and I hope last coat of varnish to the gradine and giving a talk on Angels and Demons (gosh, talk about missing the zeitgeist by a small margin) which was attended fairly well for a day when the rains were lashing down. We said Vespers and Compline to begin and end and went home, I hope, happy and well informed. Tomorrow evening will be spent at the house of friends from the parish, having dinner and the weekend is looking mercifully quiet. I bet it will not last though. Next week sees a serious start on a long piece of work regarding the English Missal and it's usage in relation to the liberalisation of the Old Mass by the Pope. Interesting and technically difficult, I imagine and expect. I shall be in Mirfield more at the College of the Resurrection over the next few weeks, so watch this space for pictures. I hope you like some pictures I took in the strong evening light as I went into Church to put the heaters on to warm up the community room for the talk, it now being too cold to use the Church for small evening services.