Monday 20 April 2009

St. Mary Church, Marietta

I have mentioned many times my fondness for St. Mary Church, Marietta, where I was baptized, and where I was a parishioner. (More recently, I posted photos from one of my diocese's Chrism Masses, which was at St. Mary's.) While I was still a parishioner, plans were drawn and a capital campaign started for a building renovation. I am happy to report that it is now nearly finished. I spent some time after the Chrism Mass taking photos, which I am sharing.

The "before" photos are from Easter a few years ago. The "after" photos are from the Chrism Mass two weeks ago.

BEFORE















AFTER



Mary, Mother of the Church








Toward the narthex and choir loft










The Tabernacle, restored to its proper place.















A confessional on the way!






The church is now consecrated.





Evangelists






Ceiling in the narthex (it is even more beautiful in person)






Shrine to Our Lady of Perpetual Help






I'm sorry to overload you with so many pictures, but it took me a long time to whittle my choices down to these!
Pax et bonum.