Sunday 12 April 2009

Pascha nostrum




No great pictures to share from tonight's Vigil and Mass of Resurrection, I am afraid. I was the MC again, and I could convince no friend of mine to come and take photos. So I leave you with what photos I took after the Mass, in the dark, while I savored the silence, and the scent of the flowers and the lingering smoke of incense in the air.
Mass went wonderfully, with no noticeable mistakes, which is good, because it would have meant that I didn't do my job properly. We kindled new fire, and brought the Light of Christ back into the church and into our hearts. We heard the stories of creation and redemption, and we once again sang God's praises amid much light switch flipping, incense, and bells. We prayed for the intercession of the saints. We blessed new water. One young man was baptized, Holy Mother Church received five people, and all were sealed with the Holy Spirit. We renewed the promises we made at our baptisms. We lived again the mystery of the Eucharist. We saw three vestment changes (!!!).
Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us. Therefore, let us keep the feast. Alleluia.
Pax et bonum.