Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas Day in Prestwich.

I woke up this morning to the sound of horses whinnying and clomping around which made a nice change, before a breakfast of cold hams and turkey before reluctantly leaving for Prestwich where I am now. Thank you, thank you all, so many and so much, for your messages of good cheer and Christmas prayers. I cannot respond to every email individually, but thank you so much. Your prayers, presence and support brings me more delight than my ramblings can possibly bring you.

PBM Soc Members (you know who you are) have this Christmas Cut out and Keep memento showing the Canon eclipsing the light of the Star of the East over the crib. Merry Christmas to you all.

The Preface is sung to a busy church. I was wrong; we had a record number on the day as well. We are not talking megachurch numbers here, but a marked rise, which is grist to the prayer wheel and sal volatile to the soul. I have always held that Anglo-Catholicism needs to be distinctive and relevant to the local Parish. Incarnational in a local context, in other words. Sometimes, in the midst of the work, is proof that we are, slowly, breaking the word to new ground. God is good and therefore to be praised.

And out we go, complete with banner, to turkeys, ducks, beef joints or nut based items. You can even see some people in the bermuda triangle seats at the front!

And even one for the two of you who like looking at pictures of me. Nurse will be along soon, I suspect.


People gather around the statue of Our Lady of Prestwich for the Angelus at the end of Mass. Happy Saint Stephen's day to you all.