Monday 11 August 2008

"You assume too much."

Sacred vessels

Old, gold chausuble

Smells and bells... combined. My favorite.

Altar of Repose

Cope

Tabernacle

Altar and Font

The Light of Christ, and Ambo

Empty tomb


The pictures are from Easter Vigil 2007, at my old parish in Marietta, St. Mary Church. (I didn't take any pictures of the liturgy, as I usually feel awkward doing that. I took the photos after Mass had ended and everyone cleared out downstairs for the cake and punch and whatnot for the new Catholics.) I dearly miss that parish, but life moves on and so do we. I was baptized in that church, though, a few years prior, and it will always be special to me.

The reason I post the photos, though, is because the entire name of the parish is St. Mary of the Assumption (hence the Assumption relief in the photo), and since we celebrate that solemnity this week, I thought it appropriate.

(Plus, I know that this blog is photo happy!)

This week, really, is a busy week, feast-wise. Monday is the Feast of Saint Clare (Solemnity for Franciscans!), Thursday is the Memorial of Saint Maximilian Kolbe (Feast for Franciscans!), and then Friday, of course, is the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

I thought I might end the post with a photo that I like to look at often- my previously referred to Baptism (I was baptized by one of my dear friends, no less):


Pax et bonum.