Saturday 27 October 2007

The Autumn Fair.

The Book Stall.
Cafe ready for business.
More stalls. I have been very grouchy about the location of the tombola behind.
Two of our holy ladies!
Assorted purple chasubles.
The one on the left is my favourite.
Cakes!

The montage of Solemn Benediction. Note to liturgy experts, I left the cross on the altar on purpose.



Today was the Autumn Fair at St Hildas Church and it was a successful one, which we are thankful for. We had the usual stores and a cafe as well as a vestment exhibition on the theme of Advent, showing some of our chasubles and a still life of Solemn Benediction. It is always good to put such exhibitions on as they give people a glimpse of our worship, which is often an inducement for people to come to one of our services. All is now cleared away for Mass in the morning, although I shall not be there, instead I am preaching at a very busy Church in Lancashire. I shall post about that as soon as I am able. I hope that you are all well, I appreciate the visits to this site that you all make and do let me know if there is anything that I can pray for on your behalf. Do also check out the links to other blogs and shops, I do not get any revenue from either of these, I list the shops because I use them and find them good, the blogs I list because I read them and find them interesting!