Thursday 16 August 2007

To blog or not to blog. . .shall this Anglican wander?


When Andrew kindly asked me to guest blog a post or two during his summer(!) sojourn at the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, though he didn't know it, I agreed to do so in part because I wanted to see if this blogging thing was for me. A number of friends, ordained and lay, have taken to the world of blogging with great aplomb and I have certainly enjoyed the fruits of their offerings. Now, only yesterday, I was asked, in jest, not to be unkind to Andrew (and I dare say, to be not too kind, either) during my brief charge of the reigns, but I think it only fair to praise him for what is a very excellent blog which expounds in a clear and passionate way, the great truths of the Catholic faith as we in Church of England have received it. With a few very notable exceptions, there seems to me to be a derth of orthodox traditionalist Anglican bloggers about on the internet and Anglican Wanderings has, on several occasions, forced me to consider whether this particular Anglican ought to wander into cyberspace to offer his perspective on what it is to be Catholic priest within the Church of England. And so, in a roundabout way, here's my small opportunity. But, it would be quite wrong of me to make use of Andrew's blog purely as a guinea pig and I am duty bound to offer something which will hopefully be in accord with the aims and aspirations of Anglican Wanderings, though you're not going to get much walking out of me!

I'll post something interesting on Our Lady's Assumption later.

Fr. Lee Kenyon